This event is a charitable challenge for motorcycle riders in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland (DSI). A 1000 km tour of Ireland with 3 days riding is the fun bit. Although this is a not an overly strenuous tour, the real challenge is to raise money for Down syndrome Ireland and raise awareness of Down syndrome. The trip is not a race or a timed competition but a challenge for everybody participating and to support Down Syndrome Ireland.
All the roads used are public roads and accordingly subject to current legislation and the Road Traffic act.
The ride out is organised by Down syndrome Ireland and DSI offers no special insurance to the riders or participants. Down syndrome Ireland is not responsible for the participants’ action. All riders operate with their own risk and must take care of their personal property and themselves.
Rev Up 4 DSI – (MCI Permit) Supplementary Regulations
- Rev up 4 DSI is only open to motorcyclists and their passengers. No Cars.
- All types of motorcycles authorised by road traffic regulations may participate.
- The event is a point-to-point navigation ride.
- Participation is at the discretion of the organiser, whose decisions are final.
- Entries are made to Down syndrome Ireland, Unit 3, Parkway House, Western Parkway Business Park, Ballymount Drive, Dublin 12, D12HP70. Entry to the event is by donation, with a minimum requirement of €650 sponsorship per rider & €500 for pillion passengers. The benefits of the fee include: – Route cards for each stage of the point-to-point navigation ride; accommodation(including breakfast), evening meal & entertainment at venues; awards, badges, souvenirs.
- Only participants who participate in the route in accordance with these regulations are eligible for badges, souvenirs, awards and entry to the awards.
- Based on information on the entry forms, awards will be made as follows: Best bike, Furthest travelled,
Youngest rider, Oldest rider, Biggest corporate sponsor, Most collected by an individual, Oldest bike, Smallest Bike .
- Please adhere to any additional instructions given to you from event co-ordinators while on the event.
Tips for a good ride out:
- Expect the un-expected – Follow the Rules. Being stopped for speeding wastes time, earns penalty points & costs money.
- Avoid travelling in large groups.
- Pinpoint navigation, not high speeds!
- Arrive early! Leave early! Avoid night-time travel!
- Start early each morning!
- Don’t waste time at or between CPs!